Above: My partner fixing up the walls which came off with the old tiles.. as the previous people used no more nails to stick them up...
This is the mess of a kitchen we lived in for our week of hard work (you should have seen the rest of the house - just as bad, filled of tools, random kitchen appliances etc etc)..
All that work paid off though. I LOVE MY KITCHEN. I was going to have three massive shelves above the kitchen bench but we couldn't find any appropriate studs in the wall.. I shed a tear as I put the rest of my pretty display kitchen items into the cupboard, including all my teacups! Though I think it's for the best as it would probably make the kitchen feel cluttered again...
I love my curtains - I got the wrong ones first as I'm an idiot who read the millimeters all wrong when i measured it.. 1040mm drop not 1400mm!! woops.
In conclusion : I love it! I'm so proud of Steve, who has never tiled before but they look fantastic. I have done two lots of baking in one and a bit days to get the most out of my new kitchen (and its still clean!!!)
and all this cost only about $1200!! - And I think that's including some takeaways as it was so hard having our oven unplugged and sitting in the middle of the dining room
- The extra kitchen unit was originally a sink unit (for $150) but as we didn't want the sink that came down to only $80 from the demolition yard.
- The handles I originally fell in love with were $20 each - but the knob versions of the same stuff were only $3.50.
- Tiles were $1.50 each - We weren't actually going to tile... until I saw these flower patterned tiles.. Steve wasn't very impressed when I begged him if we could tile (even though it should have really been done first and we had never tiled before!)
- I have had my eye on these curtains ever since we looked for the ones in our dining room - $35.00
- Paint - we still had my fav colour caramel milkshake left over from the dining room but we needed primer sealer and skirting / window sill paint.
- And then all the other bits and pieces - i now have 2 staple guns which i put the staples in wrong in them and they both don't work now :S but have stolen dads. Our halway is now full of tools and bits and pieces as we don't actually have a garage!
- New Bench top $108.00
- My pretty new shelves were the expensive part and I can't even put them up now!! So they might have to go up when we do our next project (The lounge)